August 5, 2007

I Hate This Place II: The Honkening

I finally got around to reinflating my bike's tires so I could ride to the store and get dinner. All was well until the return trip, when the driver of a white car began to tailgate me, laying onto the horn for a good five seconds. The sudden noise from behind was nerve wracking enough that I thought for a second I was going to lose control of the bike.

Then the utter dumbass pulled around to pass me, yelling something that sounded suspiciously like "GET OFF THE ROAD!" from the open window. I gave them the finger for scaring the fuck out of me, and then had to brake to keep from overtaking them since I was actually going much faster. They stopped at an intersection and took too long leaving it, by which time I had already cleared the stop sign and was sailing past, flashing the New York State Bird nice and slow in case they missed it the first time.

*Shakes head* If I want to bike around this town, I'd better start actually WEARING that helmet.

1 comment:

  1. People astound me... Too much time on his hands, apparently...

    >_<

    ReplyDelete