September 17, 2007

Feeding Time



OH NOES NIRVANA BABY!
...
I'm not allowed to be bored anymore. I make terrible things happen when I'm bored.

This morning at about 5, I decided it'd be cool to plunk down and read for a bit. The Captain took a running leap onto my lap as soon as I was settled in with my fleecy blanket. I threw his rope bone across the room to get him to leave. He fetched it and took another leap into my lap. This happened six or seven times. Did I mention he's like 50 pounds now!?

Finally he quit following the rope bone and curled up on me. I caught his naptons and nodded off. Four hours later I woke up sweating under the fleecy blanket, covered in dog-butts. I was dying to cool off, but the little bastard was like "Uh-uh, nooo!" whenever I tried to wake him up. Eventually I nudged him free and he looked absolutely pathetic.

He randomly comes over when I'm sitting at the park or wherever and sort of leans on me for a while. He'll just stand serenely sideways, pressing the side of his chest against me til I'm about to fall over. Sometimes he follows up by climbing up and perching on my leg with his front paws. Just perching there, looking off into the distance like "ha ha, you let me stand on you." He'll also sit on my other leg and collapse into the "I Are Tiny Kitn" stance, threatening to overspill my lap and cause tsunamis.

That dog.

2 comments:

  1. that's like the opposite of my shelter dog. he wasn't into letting me touch him for the longest time, and still has a hard time letting me huggle him, unlike my other dog. other dog lets me sit on him and play motorcycle. maybe you should try doing that, show him what it's like to be squashed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are His...

    :) Our border collie is much like that.... at least she got out of the habit of sucking on our fingers.

    ReplyDelete