October 30, 2007

DANGER: One Of Those Days

I woke up this morning with a cloud of ill luck hanging over me. I knew it was going to be one of those days and was not disappointed.

First, I had my first ever wipeout on the bike with El Stupido Hoondo. He decided to go play in the river while I was going down the path alongside, and while I was pulling to a stop, he came to the end of his leash a split second too quickly and yanked me over to one side. I went down in slow motion, contemplating the whole time: "Leg gonna get crunched...should be fine if I land right. Ouch, that hurts, but nothing is breaking so yay."

Didn't get the wind knocked out and I was already bawling him out the second I hit the grass. My leg got pinched between the handlebars and the crossbar, and I've got a nice big blue welt that may or may not turn fun colors tomorrow. Had my helmet on so I'm good, and the Captain just got his collar yanked a bit, which he's totally used to.

I staggered around for a couple seconds cussing and snarling while the Captain rolled over on his back and looked absolutely humiliated. Nothing else happened the whole ride home. Then he went to his kennel to wait for food, only I stopped to pee. Come out to find he's gotten impatient and knocked the food carton over and gorged on the contents.

I shut him in his cage and left him in there to decompress, then came into my room and promptly tripped on the extension cord that I use to power my workstation (which is located diagonally across the room). The power outlet gets pulled out of the wall, and while I'm trying to press it back into place, I manage to shut my bedroom door on my left thumb, and that definitely hurt like a bitch.

Next time I feel that haze of gloom hanging over me when I wake up, I'm going back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment