October 31, 2007

Halloween Pics!




Jesse carved.






I carved.


Rah carved.


I got desperate and carved apples when we ran out of pumpkins. It was really easy, and I think I'll do a ton of apples next year.


The battery-operated Woe Ghost that greeted our neighborhood's kidlets when they came to trick-or-treat.


This is more autumn than Halloween, but here's a pic of Rah enjoying the fruits of her raking efforts this week.

Lots of kids showed up for candy this year, and we had fun making the jack-o-lanterns. (Last year nobody came to the door all night, and that pretty much sucked.)

We had a little girl dressed like a surgeon, complete with the little paper hair-covering, and a boy in a homemade cardboard costume that was a giant million dollar bill with a hole for his face to poke through.

Also there was a girl in a nice sparkly dress and I asked if she was a princess, and she wrinkled her nose and said "I'm a WITCH!" I told her witches were much cooler than princesses. At the end of the night we had some teenagers show up, one of whom was a chick in a sort of candy raver getup and white bandanna over her face. She said she was the Rainbow Bandit.

This town is awesome. I love Halloween.

2 comments:

  1. Halloween in the cities blows. I was all excited to give out candy and no kids! Anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So unfair. D:

    I guess now I know where all the trick-or-treaters were. We had NONE, except for one group, who didn't even come to our door. I actually chased them down in the street to give them an entire bag of candy, because we had way too much to want to keep it all. >___>;

    Still, Halloween was fun anyway; I'm glad SOMEBODY got to see fun costumes and things. xD

    ReplyDelete