May 9, 2008

Iron Man

I had never heard about or seen a promo for Iron Man. I didn't even know it was coming out.

I also have never read the comic. I knew there was one by that title and that's it.

But three separate people came to me this week from similar positions of unfamiliarity to DEMAND that I go see the movie NOW NOW NOW, so I figured it might be a nice distraction from the unpleasantness of my actual work, and went tonight.

Conclusion: DEAR GOD YOU MUST SEE THIS MOVIE. I mean holy crap, it was so much fun. I can't say I have ever enjoyed a superhero movie more in my life, and I'm counting the Matrix and both the first and second X-Men films.

I have a mecha-boner that hasn't gone down for four hours now. Even the babbling of every other person in the theatre throughout the entire film wasn't enough to ruin it for me.

PS - Stay past the credits. They always put something extra in after the credits.

2 comments:

  1. i think I would be one of those people. Didn't I tell you so?

    Speed Racer, by the way, is four bales of hay fun. Bales of hay being a unit of measurement for fun. If you see Speed Racer, it's four units of said fun, so a bale of hay is a fourth of it.
    No cookie, but the sheer joy of the thing is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOOO!!!! The ONE time I don't stay after the credits! DAMN. IT.

    I JUST got back from it.

    ReplyDelete