July 23, 2008

The Captain Rides Again

Well! Look what the Captain and I found happening just down the street.

It was kind of weird seeing that bubblehead bleach-blonde who's on every news channel holding an oversized mic in person. She looked uncomfortable, maybe because it was bitch degrees out and everyone in the neighborhood was sitting on their front lawns like contented cows to watch her shuffle around gesturing at the techs.

In other news, I has new bike. This one is a me-bike, not a replacement for the Jesse-bike I was using until recently. It's fucking badass and glorious and has a basket for groceries. Seebs came up with some ingenious balsa shims to get the Springer to stay perfectly rigid on the slightly smaller seat-post, and after a few hours of tinkering, it fit perfectly.

End result: The Captain and I got to go on our first bike run in months. WOO!

He was out of shape but kept up fairly well. I had to take it easy myself, but we had a damned good time. Went to the dog park, then rode around town on our way back home. He's still drooling all over the floor and panting like he's dying, but that smile on his face is unmistakable.

The new bike is silver-blue and sized at 13.5 inches (apparently I am one of the Wee Folk). New helmet is blue and white. I will be wearing it religiously from now on. I also want to get a loud and blaring horn for just-in-case purposes.

Now I need to make enough to pay Jesse and Seebs back for the bike, so expect some new buttons to show up in the store fairly soon. I just knew I couldn't wait another few months to get back on the road. For one thing, the Captain was turning spherical and his under-exercised antics were driving Seebs and me both batshit.

In other news, pineapple-orange juice has made me its bitch. Send help plz.

No comments:

Post a Comment